Clink on the Image's to Enlarge the Photograph's
This Blog is only Updated in the Month of October for the Red Deer Rutt.....

Friday 19 October 2012

Last Day, No Deer,Only Birds!!


For my last day on the moor I decided to give the deer a miss, I’ve been privileged enough to share some good moments with them over the last two weeks and wanted to give them a break. So I headed to Chetsford Water, a lovely deep ravine with a few scattered Rowan trees and Hawthorns, and a small stream running through it. The Following pictures are a just a few I managed to catch in the valley, in particular I was rather pleased on capturing a Goldcrest, Britain’s smallest bird, about the size of a golf ball, such a beautiful little thing. In total I saw Meadow Pipit, Merlin, Grey Heron, Reed Bunting, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Goldcrest, Willow Warbler or Chiffchaff? Kestrel, Mistle Thrush, Raven, Carrion Crow, Goldfinch, Blue tit, Great tit, Wren, Long-Tail-tit, Blackbird. All in the space of two hours, not bad going if I do say so! Oh and the last image is the Greater Green Sea King from RNAS Yeovilton who was flying max chat low level through the Valley, and scared all the birds away, but it was good to see!! Cheers Guys!! Well that concludes my Blog for the Rutt 2012, for those who have followed it; I hope you enjoyed it as much as me. Regards Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment